Thursday, November 11, 2010

Grazing Goats

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Because the goat fence and the goat barn are not even close to being built yet, and because we have accumulated such a large herd, and because I am tired of buying so much hay, we have started letting the goats out to graze on the fresh green grass. Now I don't know how much experience you have with goats, but let me tell you, it is a full time job for me and at least a couple of kids to watch these silly critters. Where one goes, they all go, all 12 of them.... at once. It doesn't matter for what reason one of them chooses to run, they all run. Luckily they are all easily led back with a nice branch of leaves again. Now, I don't care if they eat all the rogue Boxelder trees or all that lovely green grass.
But when they run towards the newly planted flowers or the apple trees, that's when there's trouble. Times 12.And this handsome little guy! I still feel like I am dreaming having him for our herd sire for this fall. His barn name has become Cadillac to keep up with the tradition of car names for our sires. He certainly is the Cadillac of our herd....... just look at all those spots!

No comments:

Post a Comment